ScroIDE is a simple online IDE that’s intended for Java Development
But what exactly is ScroIDE ? It all comes from the name: ScroIDE stands for:
Simple Collaborative Real-time Online IDE
Using a desktop IDE is mangled with many installation and environment configuration hassles. Those are all gone using an Online IDE. Additionally, as the internet comes with, platform-independence and collaboration features are introduced to enable real-time pair programming, code reviews and multi-programming while keeping the desktop-IDE-like interface.
ScroIDE is intended to tackle most Java Virtual Machine application stacks.
- Web application development.
- Java Debugger.
- Project sharing, chat and Real-time collaborative editing
- Context-sensitive java autocompletion.
- Build and syntax error reporting.
- Save & Restore edit sessions.
- SVN for source control management.
- CloudFoundry deployment of applications.
- Rick desktop-IDE-like user interface.
Check out the video for a quick demo of ScroIDE features
ScroIDE was developed with the passion to help developers and hope for it to evolve and become the best Online IDE ever.
ScroIDE started on October 2010 and released July 2011 with a team of 3 developers including me as the founder and lead developer.
Upon joining Cloud9 IDE, the support has been dropped for ScroIDE.
However, I’m maintaining the availability of the website and the IDE features.
Get in Touch