Scroipe is a a real-time collaboration system, mainly intended for code writing and development, but can also be used to edit documents.
- Create and rename documents.
- Collaborative editing of documents.
- Playback the document history using the time-slider.
- Enable/Disable authorship info in documents (you can change your author color).
- Change document privacy and share with other members.
- Chat with document members.
- Syntax highlighting of many languages (Using Ace editor).
- Alternate between multiple supported Ace themes.
The awesome thing is that:
All of the above features (except privacy settings) are available, even before you sign up for an account.
Then, why you should you create an account ?!
When logged in, you will be able to track and organize your documents, and access advanced privacy features.
Created documents are public by default. However, you can change your documents to be private to be only visible and editable to you and the shared members you manage from the Share dialog.
When developing ScroIDE, realtime collaboration integration options were very limited and pretty much sucks.
Additionally, I have always been passionate about synchronisation algorithms and specifically, Operational Transformation algorithm. So, I have taken the challenge ti implement OT in a timely manner.
Scroipe was the result of the challenge tooled with the necessary experience !
Scroipe was developed starting December 18th, 2012 and primally finished on January 15th, 2013.
Update: (Jan 25th)
- Added editor settings that are saved & restored (& selected theme & syntax)
- Added emoji chat emotions & emotions like – :D :O and so on.
- Add historical search feature to the time slider.